Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Church Is True

Sorry for the late update everyone. Here's the updates for Hermana Hopkins!



Everytime I sit down at this computer and get ready to write you I try to think of what to say that will let you know how I am doing, how the work is going, what cool experiences I have had, and also what will benefit you all the most to hear... The same phrase comes to my mind every time... THE CHURCH IS TRUE. Simple as that. 

I have learned the importance of having members present in the lessons. They bring something that the missionaries just can not bring. If you have ANY spare time, or would like any extra blessings, GO WITH THE MISSIONARIES. Introduce yourself to them, tell them you want to come to a lesson with them if they need you. They will LOVE YOU. Your testimony will grow, the investigators' testimonies will grow, and the missionaries' will too. I know that when I get back I will be going with the missionaries every chance I get. And I will be feeding them. And I will be in a Spanish ward. And I will go to Church EVERY Sunday. And I will do all these things because I KNOW how important they are because I have developed a testimony of them. How can we develop a testimony of anything if we have not used and applied it in our lives?? Try it, then pray, then apply.

We met a woman this week who's name is Nelly. She allowed us to enter her home as we were knocking in her apartment complex. She readily accepted the gospel right then and there. She accepted the baptismal date that we gave her and said she would come to church with us the next day. Awesome! ...BUT, she didn't come to church. Why? I don't know exactly, but I know that Satan does not want her there. He knows that the Church will bless her life and he does not want that. My dearest family and friends, Satan does not want you to be happy. He does not want you to succeed. He does not want you to feel loved. Going to Church every Sunday is MANDATORY. It is like polishing your shield. Polish it every week so that the arrows of the adversary will continue to bounce and slide off and away from you. 

Polish your shields, sharpen your swords, and stand ready.

I love you all!

Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment