Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 27th 2013

Here's this weeks update from Hermana Hopkins!

This week we met a man named Steve who told us to prepare for The Rapture... This is a belief that his religion has (I'm not sure exactly which one) when the good people who followed Christ will be taken up at his second coming and the rest will be under the rule of Satan for 7 years. Steve said that they study the bible and only the bible and they only believe in what the bible says and nothing else. He told us that we aren't ready for the Rapture and that we need to prepare... We asked him where it was called the Rapture in the Bible and they said it wasn't in there... From this experience my testimony of the Book of Mormon was strengthened. People have been so confused about the Bible. So many people understand the same passage of scripture so differently (just like Joseph Smith said) that it really is quite obvious as to why so many people are so confused. The Book of Mormon is beautiful. It clarifies in a way that children and adults can all understand. I truly love the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith's history. I am no professor or scholar, but I know from my studies and my personal experiences, prayers, personal revelation, and answers that this book is true. Just like Joseph Smith said, "I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it."

Transfers are in two and a half weeks and I had a dream last night that I was being transferred to open a new area and also train two sisters... That was a pretty rough dream haha. I thought of how my companion must feel having to train two sisters and I had a little bit more compassion for her when I woke up this morning.

I studied this morning in Moroni 7 about faith, hope, and charity. I am learning so much about each of those three things every day. They go hand in hand for me, I need them all equally, not one more than the other or sooner than the other. They are all so so so so important.

I love you all, sorry I didn't have a ton of time to write too much or respond to everyone, but know that I am doing well and I am learning probably 10 times more than I teach haha. But even that's an exaggeration... because I don't teach, the Spirit does.

Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment