Tuesday, June 10, 2014

May 12th 2014

his week was pretty crazy! So we all went to the temple as sisters, it was a wonderful experience and I was so happy to see my past companions. They are all on fire :) Wednesday we went on exchanges with the STL leaders and we saw miracles for sure. Tonight we have an appointment with one of the people that we met that day, he is the husband to a family of Mormons but he says he is catholic. He said it was weird that we came by because he had just been studying in the Bible about people preaching when we knocked on the door. His name is Eddy. I am excited to go back :) Also we found a family of less active members and they have a little boy who is 8 and not baptized yet. He knows a lot and we could tell so we asked him to teach us from the pamphlet instead of us teaching him. He did it! And He was awesome! He even said the closing prayer and said in his prayer, "Heavenly Father, you are awesome." It made me smile so big haha :) I love the sincerity of those we meet in their prayers. You can tell that they mean what they are saying. We had a zone meeting on Friday and I was asked to teach from the pamphlet in front of everyone in less than 7 minutes. I butchered it haha but that's okay, I just gave them all a "C" version so that they could only improve upon what I showed them. Then after that we went on another exchange with the Sisters in Bulverde. I wish my camera worked because it was BEAUTIFUL! The Sisters there stay with a member and their house is a french style mansion. It is on a plot of 20 acres with wild peacocks on the property and a gazebo and a tennis court and a pool (even though its filled with green water and algae since no one has used it in forever) and a tree house down the way and a small house just further down for the guy who lives there to keep up the property and back in the mansion there is a spiral staircase inside, with a courtyard in the back and the third floor is where the sisters stay and it is it's own little french style apartment and I felt like I was in a dream! You would have loved it :) I think its a good thing that my camera is broken or else I would have been very distracted taking loads of pictures. BUT I wasn't :) We saw three families who are all members but we practiced using the pamphlets with them and invited them to give a pamphlet to a friend. The Bulverde area is a little tiny bit like the Pleasanton area where everything is pretty far apart. But also its very different cause the houses are a lot nicer haha. I almost thought that with transfers this week I might get transferred there! But we got transfer calls yesterday and I am actually staying and training a new missionary! I am soooo excited!! But also I am really going to miss Sister Breakall.. These have been some of the best three months of my life. She is so amazing and I have been simply BLESSED to have gotten to spend three months with her. She is incredible and she is the new STL Leader! 

Christina got baptized on Saturday! She is simply magnificent. I have been touched by her strong desire to do what's right. She has been attacked by her family and clients and her health has decreased as well. I am seriously so privileged to have gotten to be a part of her life. The day of her baptismal interview she moved in to another ward because her family was being unkind and she actually is now in another ward's boundaries. So unfortunately we had to pass her off to the 8th ward sisters and I am really going to miss her. She will be taught the new member lessons by them and I know that she is in the right place and that she will be taken care of. Her baptism was crowded so we went into the bathroom to watch from "backstage" as I call it. She saw us and smiled. Then she was immersed into the water and came up with a smile again :) She came into the bathroom and we put a towel around her and just hugged her and cried for a minute. Her life has been changed. My life has been changed. After all the talks and everything we went to go eat some cookies and I looked at her for a minute as she talked to those around her and she was glowing. It's a soft and calm look. She received the gift of the Holy Ghost to complete her baptism yesterday and she was blessed with health and with support. I am excited to continue to see her progress and see the Gospel carry her like it carries all those who let it. 

True joy comes from living the Gospel. You can't find lasting and pure happiness and joy anywhere else.

I Love the Lord.

Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment