Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 5th 2014

A couple of things...

I apologize that I failed to validate your excitement of having cute little bunnies and a tent in the backyard! I always loved setting up the tent and going camping. I hope Nicolas is feeling better!

We also saw a kitty die this last week, it was very sad, I tried to help him but he was bloated and almost completely limp. It is sad :( But animals will go to heaven! We will see all of the parakeets and bunnies and fish and kitties up there ;) Although I don't really want to see the parakeets as much haha.

Next Sunday is Mother's Day! And that means I get to call yall :) Also Skype has been approved for all missionaries in our mission to use when calling home! I know you don't have a computer so it's probably best if we just talk on the phone. I'm planning on calling at 6pm my time, so that's 5pm your time! I hope that works! I can't believe that time has flown by so fast! Every time someone asks me how long I've been out my stomach does a double front flip. It's crazy sauce!

So there is a certain couple that we have been visiting that looked me up on Facebook and read my entire blog. It was interesting to hear his insight and feedback. He really liked it all! But I realized then more than ever that a lot of people can see everything that I say. I hope that I have not said anything offensive or negative. I also hope that no particularly personal things have been posted or shared with anyone that doesn't need to hear it. If I ever mention a first AND last name of someone, please delete one of the names as to keep people's names secure.

Also! I signed up for classes and changed my major to Elementary Education! I have classes all day tuesday and thursday (including Institute and Institute Choir) and nothing MWFS or Sunday. :D I have been granted financial aid as well! I haven't heard back ion my BYU-I application yet, but if I make it I will probably transfer there after the first semester of UVU. School starts the 25th of August! I am taking American Civilizations, Public Speaking, a Psychology class, and a Theater class based on Elementary education :)

Let me know what Grandma says! And I am sure that I can find a roommate if I need to.

Tomorrow there is a mission wide Sister's Conference. We will all be going to the temple with the Mission President and his wife! I am so excited :)

There are so many wonderful people everywhere we go :)

Here is something funny for you! It got sent to me from another sister from my MTC district. That burnt part of the map is where Eagle Pass is supposed to be haha.


So this week the Mission Department came down from Salt Lake and sat in on our Mission Leadership Conference meeting. It was awesome! I was filled with excitement as I learned better ways to do missionary work! I just wanted to go out there and teach!! A lot of it was helping us to use the pamphlets to teach the lessons, they already have pictures and scriptures in them! It's like going in with a disguised note card right in front of your face! I love it :) Things are definitely improving in missionary work in general throughout the world. 

We have been meeting with Christina a lot this week. She is going to be baptized this Saturday! She has a lot going on in life and I pray for her a lot. With this past fast Sunday I fasted for her too. She got some bad results back for her thyroid cancer. She just knows everything about the gospel though! She knows that everything will be okay and that God will take care of her. She has now read all of the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and of course the Gospel Principles book. When we teach her she nods and says, "Yep, I read that. I remember that." All we really do is invite her to keep those commandments that she has learned about. We also clarify things like not shopping on Sunday. We did that with another couple as well but they weren't as ready to keep the Sabbath holy as Christina. We have also been teaching that couple during this last week. The husband talks a lot and I feel like the wife may be confused at times. The last thing we want to do is complicate or confuse. The doctrine of the Gospel of Jesus Christ clarifies. It is God's way. When He commands us to do it He has all authority and to expect us to obey. We are less than the dust of the earth because even the dust obeys with exactness, not questioning why or procrastinating, but simply obeying. Are we simply obeying? I am certainly not perfect and I make mistakes daily, but I know that when we obey we are blessed more. When we trust in God, he blesses us more. When we love our neighbor, we are blessed more and promised the kingdom.

I can not write all that I am experiencing, I hope to be able to share with you more when I return home. Hopefully it won't be too boring to listen haha.

I love you, I am excited to hear your voices. Keep smiling, wave at people who pass you by, you could be making someone's day!

Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment