Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 2nd 2014

This week was a very exciting week. Oh by the way, I think I'm funny cause I say it was exciting but I ended that sentence with a period and not an exclamation mark haha... I am having the greatest time!! :D
I have told you about Dina and Robert, right? They live at the Salvation Army and Robert is going to be baptized this month! They came to church yesterday!! Their dedication is inspiring. They rode the bus to get to church! I remember Hermana Munoz would do that every week to get to church in Lake Austin. President Spencer, the Stake President back in Orem, would ride his bike all the time to church! I love it!

We met a wonderful woman yesterday, we were about to get in to the car and I saw a woman sitting on her back porch on the second floor of the apartment complex we were in. I got closer and asked if we could give her a card, she said yes and we agreed to meet at her front door. We left everything in the car and met her at her door, she invited us in and offered for us to sit down. She sat by us as we asked her what her desires are for her family and what she would like to learn. She expressed that she would like to learn more about God because she didn't really grow up going to church but now she has two children of her own. She said that her friends go to church and love it but she just hasn't put much effort into finding a church. We scheduled to go back tonight and invited her to go on to Mormon.org. I am excited to go back because I felt impressed to say hi in the first place and it worked! When I act on the promptings of the Spirit miracles happen. When I don't, I feel an emptiness and a regret that I do not like to feel! I would much rather feel the joy that comes from meeting and talking to the people that God wants me to.
With the ward split this week we have been meeting a lot of new people, I am excited because this is kind of like a transfer but not haha. 

My new companion keeps me on schedule, she knows what needs to be done and she does it. She is an inspiration! Sometimes she reminds me of me and its a weird feeling haha... I wonder if that's how you feel as you raised us kids?? Kinda weird but cool, right? I love getting to help my companion grow and see her succeed! She will be a great trainer soon to someone else!
On my birthday I got to eat dinner with Hanna and Adrian, Hanna is the sweetest! They even got me a chocolate cake! It was delicious! And also the Barrera family fed us on friday and it filled us right up! Which was good cause I was starving haha. Their family is really struggling right now with quite a few different things. Keep them in your prayers for sure.
We said goodbye to a family who is moving to Kileen to live on base there, I will miss them. The dad served his mission in Mexico and told us during dinner about a month ago about a time when cockroaches came spewing out of a hole in the wall... I will never forget that mental picture! That family is so funny haha!
I wish I could pull all of my thoughts together but I seem to be all over the place... Just know that I am all around excited to be here!
There is so much more to say!! Since my camera is broken I will just have to draw pictures of all that happens for yall haha.
I know that Heavenly Father loves me! I know that Christ lives and I know that the Book of Mormon is TRUE. It helps us to know of so many spiritual truths that the world is still confused about. For example, we all will be resurrected. Alma 40:4
And did you know that the Book of Mormon was translated in less than 2 years, from 1827 to 1829? A young farm boy could not have made all that up. End of story. 

I love the Lord. I read in 3 Nephi 21 all about the promise Christ made of Missionary Work coming forth in our day. Love it.

Hermana Ally Hopkins 

No comments:

Post a Comment