Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Breathe

Here's a late update from Hermana Hopkins. Updates will be a bit late for the next few weeks. As always, Enjoy reading and be sure to write Hermana Hopkins!

Last Monday my companion helped me make a CD with all Mormon Tabernacle Choir songs. This is my favorite. I have had so many more opportunities to sing for others. Music can bring the Spirit immediately or it can chase it away immediately. It is a very powerful tool. Be careful to the music you listen to. Ask yourself, does it help you feel and invite the Spirit, or is it driving him away?
This week has been so much better as far as teaching. We taught four lessons on Friday on an exchange. The Sister Training Leader joined me in Eagle Pass while my companion went to Del Rio for the day. One of the pictures I sent is with us and the Mexican flag waving in the background. So cool!
I am learning more and more every single day. The reality of the men whose stories are in the Book of Mormon. They really lived, I know that they did! Also what it means to be a member of this church. This is Christ's church! It is not the church of Moses, the church of Mormon, or the church of Saint John or any other man. This is the Church of Jesus Christ. We are His saints when we follow Him. And that makes this the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The Gospel will never be taken away again and there will not be another Apostasy. Christ will come again and He will come to His church. Will we be there when He comes? We do not know when it will be, but it is soon. Alma chapter 5 helps us to know if we are prepared for that day or not.
I have learned a lot about attitude lately. A positive attitude changes EVERYTHING. I love my mission. I loved the MTC. I love my companion. I love my family. I love my Savior. I love my Father in Heaven.

Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment