Saturday, September 21, 2013

This Week in Eagle Pass

Really late update this time. Sorry everyone!

Hello there,
I was sick the last two days but there were miracles even still. Yesterday I got up the energy to shower and we went to two houses. One was an investigator that is a 12 year old girl. Her mom is a member but is not active and is not very supportive. We went to visit and the mom and the young girl said that they wanted to go to a different church instead... We aren't really sure what happened and the mom left the house before we could talk about it and we can't be there without the mom so we had to leave... it was sad. My companion started to think of all the things that they could have been feeling and thinking. I got upset because she always says out loud what these people were probably feeling and what they will probably do. Only God knows those things! I don't know what the problem is there but I know that the more I try and stress about it the more stressed I get. All we can do sometimes is keep going and leave it up to the Lord. The next house we went to they let us in and the daughter in law of the woman we went to visit stayed in the room to hear us. We taught them both about the restoration and challenged them to be baptized. The daughter in law, Diana, said that she would be baptized with such  confident yes that I was almost surprised! The mom did not commit to it though but said that she liked learning. Diana said that she needed this right now because she cries everyday about her husband who passed away about a year ago. She wanted to know about what happens to spirits after we die. We taught her about the Spirit world and the Spirit touched her heart.
These experiences help me to know that the Lord is very active in His work. The Spirit is the teacher. We can only invite. There really are people prepared to accept this message!
Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment