Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week four!

Hope everyone is excited! It's time for the weekly letter for Ally!


This week has been crazy... First of all I am very blessed. I love it here at the MTC. The people are the greatest. My companion and I had a talk on Tuesday with our teacher, kinda like marriage counseling, cause we have been struggling teaching in unity. It sucked but it really helped because I realized that I have been incredibly selfish. Not only here at the MTC but at home before my mission. I have always turned inward... It is time to turn outward, as Christ did. Even in times of stress and sorrow, he was ALWAYS focused on other people. I challenge you all, along with myself, to turn outwards when the natural man would turn inward. Think of others' happiness and wellbeing. I promise that you will be happier and that the Lord will take care of your needs when you focus on the needs of others. On Friday our district had a crazy experience that we all learned a lot from, one of the Elders in our district was sent home as he had a mental breakdown. It was so sad to see him go, I was balling. I have come to love my district so much. Because of what happened we all received blessings of comfort. I received my blessing from Elder Jensen in our district who had never given a blessing before as he is one of the new 18 yr old elders. It was really cool to here the words of the Lord through him. I know that both he and I will never forget that experience. 
I bought some sweats today and am wearing them right now as I type, they are the greatest!
As I ponder about what I would say to you in this weekly email my mind goes over the events of the week over and over again... The MTC has become home, my district has become another family, and I don't want to leave them... But I am excited to go to Texas and pretend to speak Spanish haha. On Tuesday M Russell Ballard came and spoke at the devotional. It was awesome. I have recorded my thoughts on the devotional in my journal but I don't have that with my at the moment.... I'll share this and other things with you when I get home... in 17 months haha... Tomorrow marks the one month mark! I have taught about 10 lessons now with my companion. Our investigators are Amalio and Consuela, they are very different people. We shared from the Book of Mormon with Amalio this week and he was so excited to learn more! Consuela doesn't really believe that there is one true church or why that is even important. But I know that the gospel will bless them both if they accept and believe in it. I know that we must all experience true conversion as well. True conversion comes when we accept and act on the will of the Father. As we get to know Christ better we can become more like him. How can we be more like Him if we don't know who He is?? Get to know Christ better, He loves you and always has and always will. I love you too, you are the greatest!

Also I have to get a crown on my tooth... I talked to my district president and he said that we will figure it out, so I'm not going to worry about it any more than I have to. There are plenty of others things for me to worry about. I know that the Lord loves me and that he waits for me to come to Him.

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!!!!! LOVE YA'LL!!!
Love,
Hermana Ally Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment