Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week Five!

It's time for another letter from Hermana Hopkins! Lets see what she has to say this time!


Buenas Dias!

I just received this email from my mission president, President Jones:


"Here’s an exciting new change from the missionary department:

“Missionaries are to write to their families each week and are also authorized to communicate

by email with friends, priesthood leaders, and new converts. Mission presidents should allow

sufficient time on preparation day for missionaries to write emails and letters. While in the

mission field, missionaries should receive authorization from the mission president before

entering into communication, including via email, with converts and others of the opposite

gender within the mission boundaries (see Missionary Handbook, 36–37).”"

How cool is that! This means that less money will be spent on stamps and stuff cause I can email everyone now haha. Feel free to publish my email address for my friends :)

I'll post her email over there. ----->



Anyway, we got our travel plans this week! We have to be at the travel office at 6:00 am on March 20th, so next Wednesday! I will be able to call you from the airport and will probably do so between 7:00-10:00am, I'm not sure, but be close to the phone cause I will only call once!
So this week we challenged our investigator, Consuela, to be baptized and she committed to be baptized on March 28! How awesome is that?! (She is actually just a teacher acting as an investigator but we teach her just like we would teach any real investigator, Spanish and all). I love being on the front row and getting to see the Holy Ghost touch the hearts of others.  This is probably one of the neatest things that I have ever experienced. Also on Tuesday last week we had Elder Aidukaitus of the Seventy speak at out devotional and he said some really inspiring things. He told us all to choose which Kingdom would be our goal. He told us to write it down in our journals and to act now and do what it takes to get there. I have chosen the Celestial Kingdom. I will do what ever it takes to get there. Which Kingdom will you choose? Write it in your journal in HUGE letters. Do what ever it takes to get there! He told us that if we are aiming for anything less than the Celestial Kingdom than we are doing too much. He described who would go to each kingdom and the beauty of each one as explained in the scriptures. I would definitely recommend studying this. Choose and commit to one of them. I hope that we are all aiming for the same place as I want to see all of my friends and family there when I get there. Because I WILL get there. One of my biggest fears is coming home the same person that I was when I left. Coming home and forgetting what I learned and resorting back to old ways. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT. I want to be completely changed and reconstructed! I want to have a change of heart and a change of perspective. I want to ALWAYS know who I am and why I am here. I want to ALWAYS remember the things that I learn here on my mission and teach them to anyone who will listen.
The Savior is more loving than we can even BEGIN to imagine. I can't imagine how much pain and sorrow He must have endured to give us EACH the opportunity to repent. He truly atoned for our sins. And also our sadness, anger, hatred, depression, and loneliness. He has felt it all. He has already paid the price for any bad that we have done, are doing, or will do. Take advantage of the gift he has already paid for and become happy. Repenting is not just for sins, it is for anything that is not godly. Let your pain and suffering go, there is no need to hold on to it when He has already suffered it for you. Be SSOOO grateful that He has. Be so humbled that he has loved you enough to care more about your salvation and happiness than His comfort, popularity, and ultimately, His life.
I love you all more than you know,
Hermana Ally Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment