Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sunday March 17th 2013

Last Sunday our Grandpa Davis passed away. Ally was informed and she wrote us her thoughts on this. There was no good way to edit it, and I feel this could be of use to anyone else who is dealing with the same thing.

Dear Mom/Family,
I received a call yesterday from President Jones letting me know that Grandpa had passed away on Sunday. He gave me permission to email a few thoughts to you. To be honest, I still am a little confused at the peace that I felt when he told me. I am so calm. I know that this is because of two things, the reality of the situation hasn't quite sunk in yet and also I know that death is not the end. It is simply walking through a door. So I guess I feel like anyone would when a loved one has walked through a door... you know that you will see them again. 

I hope that Grandpa knows his purpose. I hope he isn't being stubborn up there... it is time to share what we know with others so that they can live with their families forever! There is work to be done in the Spirit world! A scripture that came to my mind is Doctrine and Covenants 31:6, "Behold, verily I say unto you, go from them only for a little time, and declare my word, and I will prepare a place for them."

I hope that you know that Grandpa is only apart from us for a little time. I hope you know that I am only apart from you for a little time. And I hope that Grandpa, like me, can share the word of the Lord to those who hunger for it. And YOU as well! Don't be afraid to share! I pray that he, and you, decides to get up and work! I love that man, I'm excited to see him again. I know that he loves us all and is probably cracking a few jokes as he watches us do silly things. I can't see Grandpa doing anything less haha :) 

Heavenly Father has prepared a place for us and for him. Heavenly Father is mindful of us and knows exactly what will help us progress in the best possible way. This is not a trial, this is a blessing. In fact, all of our "trials" are actually blessings. I know you will come to see that as you continue to endure to the end. 

I love you so so so so so so much and think of you everyday.

Press Forward. Endure to the End. 

Work hard, so that when your time comes you too can say, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." -2 Timothy 4:7

With LOVE,
Sister Alexandria Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment