Monday, February 25, 2013

Week Three!

Yay! Two updates in one day! Ally seems to be learning a lot in the MTC.

Don't forget to write her everyone!

Today we went to the temple and I was able to participate in a sealing for the first time. This was seriously one of the coolest experiences. The children that I was sealed for were from England, France, Wisconson, Missouri, and Australia. It was really cool to be there and feel the Spirit so strongly. The man that was the proxy for the father was the San Antonio Texas Mission President back in 1986 or so (no coincedence, I'm sure). We talked to him afterwards and he shared some awesome stuff with us there in the sealing room. I always love our temple trips because it is so calm and peaceful there. The days here at the MTC can be really stressful as there is so much to do and learn, but the Temple just makes it all so much more worth it.

I wish that you could see and feel all the wonderful things that I am learning and experiencing here. I have made so many good friends and have been learning more than I ever thought I could.

My companion and I have been struggling lately because we tend to both try and be in charge and take control of the study time that we have together. Being with someone 24/7 can be frustrating because I'm so used to being able to have my alone time. But it always works out because we both know that we have the same desires and purpose, and that is to "Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo al ayudarlas que a reciban el Evangelio restuardo mediante la fe en Jesucristo y Su Expiacion, el arrepentimiento, el bautismo, recibe del don del Espiritu Santo, y el perseverar hasta el fin." I probably got some of that wrong since I just pulled that out of my memory, but basically it's the MTC purpose in Spanish.
Anyway, there are a ton of funny people here, Elder Clements is hilarious, he is from St George and he likes to rap. He told me about his dog, Daisy, and how much he loves her and misses her. I thought of my pet goldfish, Marvin. I wonder how he is doing and if fish can even think... if he could think I would hope that he remembers me.
I also got a letter from Elder Truman Blanchard today. Today may be the best day here yet, I was able to go to the temple, where jeans, get to know my district a little better, and now I have this letter from Truman. I am so grateful that I have good friends like him to look up to and learn from.
There are some really noisy Elders at the end of this table, they are making up a song about how the girls back home love them and about their letters... What wierdies haha.
Anyway, I love you and pray for you all and I hope that you remember how much our Heavenly Father loves you too.
Remember who you are and what you stand for!!
Hermana Ally Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment