Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 13th 2014

Here's this weeks update from Hermana Hopkins. Be sure to check the side bar for her new address!


I have seen so many miracles this last week, I think you will thoroughly enjoy reading about them.

Mom, this email that you have written to me is an answer to my prayers, let me explain why. I will admit to you, I worry about you and the kids. I want the best for you. But I know I can't be there physically for you... So I pray for you! I prayed the other day as I began my personal study that the Lord would show me something. I know it's not always a good thing to ask that haha but I asked him knowing that this was a righteous desire. I felt as though I had just run away from my problems and had abandoned you all. In fact, a man we were teaching told me to my face that I had done just that and that I was a coward for leaving you all. But Mom, when he said that I felt a surge of power and said in a firm voice, "I have been called of God to leave my family so that my other brothers and sisters can experience these same blessings," and I don't remember what I said after that but boy it got me thinking! So all of this happened and I prayed and I asked God to help me to see how my family was being blessed for me being out here. God loves me and has shown me through your email alone that you truly are being blessed.

I have been extremely blessed as well.
I am THRILLED that you are all getting together each night to pray and read! I know that the Lord is smiling even bigger than I am right now to know that you are doing that together :D

Elder Bednar came to our mission this week and we got to meet with him on Thursday. His words answered many of my questions and directed me as how to be a better missionary and a future mother. I will remember what he shared with us forever. The spirit taught me during that meeting with him that I can receive answers to my prayers and act as an agent to receive spiritual knowledge. Also we should treat others as agents instead of objects, meaning we don't just teach and lecture and preach to objects, we are teaching agents, people, children of our Heavenly Father who should be taught to act like agents and make their own decisions and receive answers to their own prayers as well.

Immediately after the meeting the sister missionaries in Eagle Pass told me that Ruben had a gift for me. They got it out of the car and I knew exactly what it was. A ukulele. I almost cried. My thoughts were "He did noooot. He did not! Haha, yes!" I have been playing it everyday. We play it and sing a primary song together for companionship study and I play it before I go to bed to relax. I was surprised at how easily I remembered the chords and I know this is a huge blessing.
I am now in the Alamo 1st YSA ward in San Antonio. It's a Young Single Adult ward and everyone is white and my age! It's different ha. We cover all of east San Antonio and all the YSA who live in it haha. My new companion is Sister Call from Morgan, UT. She was a Rodeo queen and is just awesome! She makes me really want to learn how to ride a horse and buy some boots haha. There is a great place out here to buy boots called Cavenders but it is super expensive of course haha. Her mom should be calling you soon, she thinks we may be related somewhere down the line! I think you will just love them.
Yesterday we went to dinner at a members house and they had Michael Mcclean playing and I almost cried. I didn't realize how much I loved that music, it reminds me of you! She said she is going to burn us a CD and give it to us tonight at Family Home Evening. I'm so excited! I also was thinking of recording some songs on the little tapes of myself singing with the Uke for yall. 
As Sister Training leaders we are giving two training this week about putting the Lord first and burying our weapons of negative thoughts or doubt in order to show God that we love Him.
Also tell Holly that I got the package from them finally! Thank you so much!!! I have been eating fruit by the foots everyday haha and also I sleep with that awesome blanket every night :)
Hmm, am I mission anything? I love my new area, check. I love my companion, check. I love my life, check. I love God, check. I hope I didn't miss anything!

I love you so much.
Happy Hermana Hopkins!



No comments:

Post a Comment