Tuesday, January 7, 2014

December 30th 2013 (family letter)

Another update from Hermana Hopkins! Can you tell she's been in Texas a while? Almost a year now!

Hello hello! So the small words are giving me a huge headache so I am writing in a bigger font today haha. My eyes are so much more comfortable. Am I getting old??? Who knows. 
Yes, I got a blessing from the Elders on Friday, it really helped. I also talked with the mission President and that helped as well. This isjust an obstacle that will make me stronger. 
We taught the gospel principles class yesterday about talents. It reminded me of you and how you are great as using your talents to bless others lives :) We had our talents before we even came to earth, did you know that? I wonder if Josh Groban and other great singers and I were in the same choir ;) He has just developed his talent a little better than I have here on earth but I bet we sang together in Heaven haha.
We had exchanges this week and I went to work with a Sister in the Singles Ward in San Antonio. It is pretty different! We ate dinner with a member and her parents since they were in town and it was so fun! I laughed the whole time and it felt really good. Then Sister Call, the other Sister, shared a scripture from Doctrine and Covenants 50: 40-42 
"
Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth. Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost."
I felt the chills through out my while body the entire time she was reading. Heavenly Father loves me. He loves His children, active members, less active members or non members, and he desires that all might come unto Him. He gives us all soooooooo many opportunities. I am convinced that he doesn't (and won't) stop working with each of us even if we decide to stop working with Him.We are His focus.
It was very nice to talk to you on Christmas. Thank you for supporting me. I love you dearly.
Ruben, my investigator back in Eagle Pass, got baptized on Saturday. I am so overwhelmingly happy for him. He has made so many changes in his life for the better and is a wonderful example.
The work here is pretty slow I feel compared to Eagle Pass. White people are rude. And I can say that because I am white. We all ought to be a little more kind and loving towards those we know and don't know.
I dreamt last night that all my clothes were robbed... the night before it was that my car was robbed and all my money too... I don't know what that means haha. The night before that I dreamt that a huge shark ate a whole man. Good thing I'm nowhere near water!
We taught Esmeralda twice this week. She didn't come to church yesterday and she is having trouble reading. She doesn't understand what she reads. Pray for her if you can. We also taught Sylvia and her little grandson that is so cute and he asked us to teach him the plan of Salvation again cause we showed him patterns that we made to teach it and he really liked it. He is so smart and is only 3 years old! Sylvia understood the Plan and we read from the Book of Mormon with her. She is really nice and we got to pet her horse that they are teaching to dance. It is so cool
Well, that's all for today, folks! 

I love y'all, till next week,
Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment