Monday, December 9, 2013

Transfer! December 2nd 2013

Transfer time again! See the side bar for Hermana Hopkins's updated address.

I am thankful for our Savior. I am thankful for God and that even though we sometimes forget about Him, He NEVER forgets about us. We are His purpose and His children. The whole reason the earth was made was for us! The plan of Salvation was made for us! All for us because He loves us and wants us to have all that He has. I am grateful that even though I don't understand or know a lot that He continues to work with me and have patience for my stubbornness and pride. I am grateful that He gave you to me! I love you so much and want to work hard to show you and to show Him that I am truly grateful.
Don't worry about the packages, they will get to me eventually. The new sisters in Eagle Pass know exactly where I'm at and can always send up the packages to the meetings in San Antonio. If you would like to send any packages you can always send them to the mission office and I will be sure to get them. That address is...

404 E Ramsey Rd Ste 105
San Antonio, TX 78216
My new address is...
810 Sutton St
Pleasanton, TX 78064
I don't have access to Facebook yet by the way.

Well I know you are just dying to know where I am at haha... I am now in Pleasanton! This area that I cover is huge... We cover Pleasanton, Jordanton, Floresville, Charlotte, Leming, Poteet, and everything in between. We are just 25 miles south of San Antonio. Everyone has said that this area is the Promised Land because there are usually a lot of baptisms. I set a goal to find and baptize 10 people this month. I know that the Lord has been preparing many people that will be baptized this transfer. My new companion (Sister Rodriguez Siliezar) and I are the only missionaries here covering the English Ward AND the Spanish Branch. It's pretty different! There are white people everywhere!! I used to be over two small branches with 6 other missionaries but here we are the only ones covering both. Church was a little scary haha (not really, I was just nervous) because I had become accustomed to Mexicans and Hispanics and it was a little strange to go back to English and a whole ward! I love my companion. She is from El Salvador and has been learning English here on her mission. She has a brother on a mission in Dallas as well. I went on an exchange with her once when I was in the Lake Austin ward so it is cool to see her again and get to work with her :) She is such a hard worker and I love her already!
We also live with a member, that is pretty different because I feel as though we are pretty much confined to our room. The woman we live with is about 80 yrs old and can't hear well which is good because otherwise I would feel bad for all the noise we make.
I am sorry that I am so horrible at writing back... I hardly ever write to more people that just you because after reading your letter and the one from President Slaughter I have to respond to him and you and I only have an hour and I read slow and type slow haha. But please tell Elizabeth that I love her and have not forgotten her.
Sister Vankatwyk, my last companion, went home on Wednesday, she changed my perspective on a lot of things.
Ruben cried when we had our last lesson with him on Monday. I almost cried too but I had already cried the night before and didn't want to do it again. I cry because I truly love the people that I teach. It is something about seeing them change that makes me care so much for them... That is where that scripture comes into play, "How great will be your joy with the soul that repenteth." ( I don't know it exactly word for word but you know which one I'm talking about haha). I love seeing others repent and become better. It fills me with joy! I love repenting too! Because I told Ruben that I wouldn't bite my nails if he quit smoking, which he hasn't actually done yet, I haven't bitten my nails in two weeks! They are so long I can hardly stand it! I have been filing them and painting them so that I don't get tempted haha.
We are at the Jordanton Library and I can't send pictures here. Nor can I send that at the Pleasanton Library... so I will send any pictures by physical mail! But that doesn't mean that you can't send me pictures through email haha :)
I love you! Hope all is well! Happy Thanksgiving and Marry Christmas Season!
Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment