Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 18th 2013

Here's this weeks email (last weeks). Enjoy

Hey Mom! 

I love you! I am in San Antonio right now because Elder Golden of the Seventy is going to be speaking to our mission tomorrow. We came up last night because Sister Vankatwyk has a meeting today. So I am on an exchange with Sister Arche and Sister Richardson. It was a bit of a culture shock to drive in to San Antonio last night and see the big buildings and lights compared to the small town feel of Eagle Pass. 

Yesterday at church I sang with one of the Elders for the Spanish Branch and also with all the missionaries in the English Branch. Ramiro came to church again for the third time and he is going to be baptized on Sunday! Also Ruben came to church for the first time and talked about how he wants to change and how he prayed on his knees for the first time in his life this week. He is truly pregressing. He just has to let go of smoking. I told him I would stop biting my nails if he would stop smoking... I have kept my end of the bargain so far but it hasn't been easy! I catch myself with my fingers in my mouth at times but always think of him and how he has to stop! He may not be trying as hard as I am but I am learning how to stop a bad habit and also my nails look better! Haha :) 

Aroldo came to church as well. I realized just how much the area has flourished since Sis Vankatwyk has been here. I am nervous for when she goes home next week because she is a great missionary and has made a real difference in Eagle Pass. I hope I can keep it up after she is gone!

Sorry I couldn't write more... on this exchange since I'm not in Eagle Pass I can't even get mylaundry done today haha, I'll have to catch up later. But know that I love you!

Hna Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment