Saturday, November 9, 2013

November 2nd 2013

Super late update, but here we go!


 I havea new companion! SHe looks exactly like me! Haha, there are a
 lot of border patrol workers here and yesterday a man stopped us while
 we were walking down the street and told us how he knew we must be lds
 because we are two white girls and we stick out like a sore thumb
 haha. I laughed. I love the culture here and the people. I love
 speaking Spanish too. Most missionaries in this mission don't get to
 stay in Spanish areas for long but the Lord has showered blessings
 upon me, I'm not sure why or how this mercy was obtained but I have
 only been in Spanish areas and I have been truly blessed by it. My
 companion, who will be returning home after this last transfer as her
 mission ends, has been praying to come to the border and is finally
 here! I have been helping her with her spanish and have realized just
 how blessed I have been.

 This week we came across a family that has been taught by the
 missionaries off and on for YEARS. There are teaching records that we
 keep to keep track of what they have been taught and this family was
 taught over 7 years ago. They haven't been baptized yet because they
 just have the hardest time getting to church. We taught them all, the
 father, mother, 3 girls, and 3 boys, and even the fiance of one of the
 daughters together at their table this last week and commited them to
 come to church. The father prayed, to start the lesson, that they
 could come to church and be baptized. It was a miracle lesson and they
 are a miracle family. But... they did not come to church. We went over
 last night to see what happened and they said they were up till 4am!
 We are going to help them next Sunday to have everything prepared the
 night before and see if that helps, but I think when it comes right
 down to it we all have to realize that our choices and actions have
 eternal consequences. That is something I realized. Why is it so
 important to go to church? Why is that so important to God? WEll, if
 we can't make and keep commitments, how will we be in making and
 keeping covenants with God? We go to church for many reasons, but I
 think it has to come from within to actually get there. To realize
 that it is what God wants us to do and do it.

 Here are some great pictures for you!

 I love you all!

 Hna Ally Hopkins




No comments:

Post a Comment