Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 8th

It's time for more letters from Hermana Hopkins! It sounds like she's been busy.

We taught Jorge again, like three times this week actually. He wants his friend, who is a member of the church, to be there at his baptism... but she is out of town until the 2nd of August. So we have switched his baptismal date to the 3rd of August. He really is so awesome. I love being able to see the changes that he is making because he is understanding WHY it's important. He wears a nice white shirt and jeans to church every Sunday. This last week he came to church 15 minutes early to make sure he was there for the Sacrament. He understand that the Sacrament is the most important meeting of the week. He is happier, I can see it. I love that the Lord let's me see that. He has a smile on his face. He read all of 1 Nephi... that's right, up until Second Nephi, all within like 4 days. I was in wonder and awe haha. The church is true.

Andrea will still be baptized on the 20th of this month. She is the cutest. I love her and her family. Today we are going to teach her about the importance of Scripture study, Prayer, and Obedience.

We taught a man from Honduras two days ago named Norlan. He is like 22 yrs old. He plays soccer (just like most every latino young man that we meet) and works a lot. He told us that we he wakes up in the morning he wonders what his purpose is. We taught him about the Restoration and I got to tell him about the First Vision. I love telling the 1st Vision because I get to see their souls as I look them straight in the eyes and tell them what Joseph Smith saw. The reactions are usually pretty similar, sometimes people aren't really listening, some people don't believe it and think it's crazy, some say they believe it but it doesn't make a difference for them. But Norlan loved it. When I finished the 1st vision and paused to let the silence sink in he smiled and said "Wow... that's so cool..." He was in awe. I felt in that lesson that we will be baptized and be a strong member of the church one day. We invited him to be baptized and he said sure, he would just need to get work off haha. I try not to get too hopeful in these situations because I lot of people say "sure" to baptism and don't understand or care. But I have a feeling that he will be baptized soon. His faith is so strong. He trusts in the Lord and understands that everything happens for a reason. He said the closing prayer and asked if this all was true and for direction. I know he will find his answers if he listens.

I love the Lord's work. 

Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment