Monday, July 21, 2014

June 30th 2014

This week we had transfer meeting and we went so that I could take the Spanish test before it started. We stayed for the meeting and there is a Sister that came out that I went to High School with! Her name is also Ally, cool huh! When I saw her I got so excited because I remembered seeing her at school and wanting her to be so happy. Seeing her here helped me to know that God is working in her life. Serving a mission is the greatest thing.
Prayer.
Prayer is the answer.
Do you feel bitter towards someone? PRAY for them. Pray for their good.
Do you fear that things will not work out? PRAY. Pray that God will help you change your perspective.
Pray for those who you come in contact with, those who you once knew, and those who you still haven't met.

Wes got baptized this weekend!!!!! He is awesome! And Mary is the sweetest thing, we helped her pack a little bit on Friday and she gave us stuffed animal things... haha the little things that I will bring back from my mission may not make any sense to anyone else, but I will cherish them as they remind me of the wonderful people I have met and the experiences we have had together.
We actually went over to help out on Tuesday but when we got their the ambulance was there and Mary was being put on a stretcher... We didn't see or hear from them for two days and our ward mission leader was asking whether Wes would still be baptized... Satan tries and fails at messing everything up. He fails when we have faith. Wes and Mary are so filled with faith. The hospital trip didn't stop them. They know better.
I think that most of us "know better" but that we forget. We know that God is all powerful but we forget that when we get into a tight situation sometimes. But that is where we have to stop and REMEMBER.

"And now, my sons, rememberremember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation;that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, itshall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is surefoundation, foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." Helaman 5:12
I know that this is the Lord's work! I love it and I love Him! I love giving and sacrificing for Him. It fills my soul with peace.
Hermana Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment